Saturday, September 7, 2024

Remarkable Bright Creatures- Book Review

 



Remarkable Bright Creatures

By Shelby Van Pelt


I didn't understand the hype of the Remarkable Bright Creatures till I read the first page. Wow, who a story about an elderly woman and the connection with an elderly Octopus would have such an impact. Full of emotion and overwhelming warmth and a fuzzy feeling. I can't rave enough about this one. It's full of heart and beauty, sweet emotions, and even a mystery. These type of books I love books with a touch of magical realism, and reality. 

Its about three characters, Tova, an elderly widow who befriends a Pacific Octopus.  She works in an aquarium at night.  In the aquarium she befriends a Pacific Octopus in the aquarium, Marcellus. Who both build a remarkable friendship, and love for each others.  Until one day, a young man Cameron comes to town and changes their life forever in so many different ways. 

Thank you, Thank you to one our members of our book club. I most likely wouldn't have read it. Thinking ridiculous, a book about an octopus. I have to stop judging books till I read it. I don't trust books with lots of hype. Well that changed my mind. 

The book is about love, hope, humanity, and also family. Connections how you think you are not connected, but are. How even as you get older things can change, and happen in your life in unexpected ways for the positive.

With all the bad stuff in the news. The novel put a smile on my face. The novel will make you weep and smile simultaneously in so many ways. I recommend the book highly, and spread the word. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul of an Octopus: Book Review

Soul of an Octopus By Sy Montgomery ( my copy) I never thought I would be interested in learning about an Octopus. After reading, Remarkable...